Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Scottish Boomerang has returned, after a disaster in 2005 where I deleted my web content, and my friends and relatives complained that my Yahoo 360 was too difficult to access. So the blogspot version is back, but of course I can't write too frequently. My Blog had a attracted a small following and I hope to win them back.

So what is the Scottish Boomerang. The joke is that Scots, the original emigrants along with the Irish, never come home, they only sing about it. Therefore a Scottish ( or celtic ) Boomerang is a Scot (or sundry other Celt) that, when flung far, doesn't return, but merely sings depressing folks-songs at other gatherings of other celts (or near-celts, such as Canadians).

I am currently in Colombia, finishing my juridical internship, after which I will return briefly to Scotland before going to India and then back to Korea, where I'm doing my masters at Handong International Law School. Like 2005, this has been another year where I have been a "trotamundo". I'll post my impressions here, together with my photos and impressions of studying in Korea and sojourns in India. I will also write about Scotland, from a cultural perspective.

No comments: